Monday, June 2, 2008

Ode to deodorant


All the needed ingredients to make deodorant at home.



The mixture just going into the pot.




This stuff takes so long to melt!!!


Finally, patience has paid off and the rest of the ingredients can be added.


The powdered is added to make the deodorant absorbant...




it turns the wax/oil combo into a much thicker "soup".


The essential oils can be added now. In all, 4 oils were added.




Pouring the future deodorant into the VERY clean deodorant tube.




All the mixture has been poured in, the tube goes into the refrigerator to cool.



After the deodorant has cooled and hardened, I get to twist up the deodorant and use it.

I'll spare everyone the picture of my under arm, but I will keep you posted on how the homemade deodorant works. And if everything goes well with it, I'll be selling it, also.

So now, Momma Made offers a diaper rash spray, a wound salve, a wound wash, and possibly a deodorant. I'm also working on "formulating" an all natural chest and back rub for colds and congestion and a facial/body astringent for acne. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress of those, I'm sure there will pictures of pimple free faces soon.

1 comment:

MORTONCLAN said...

This is so neat, Aurby!! I'm so very excited about how you're learning about this sort of thing...Can't wait to see what other wonderful things you come up with next!! {By the way, the Samaritans Wound Salve is great ~ it really helped a burn I had. And it smells good, too! :)}
Oh, and your blog is simply delightful!! I'm looking forward to more posts soon.
Love you! God bless,
Adeline
p.s. You made me laugh out loud about a demo. picture~you're hilarious...